Friday, June 17, 2011

Zotero the Reference Manager

I have previously used Refworks for my reference manager, but I am not a fan of the "write and cite" manager in Microsoft word. My laboratory has access to the proprietary software Endnote, but I find that equally as frustrating. In starting with a new PhD topic, I thought a new, more user friendly, reference manger might be appropriate. I shopped around and found zotero. Zotero is an online reference manager that is fused with Mozilla Firefox. So when you are searching on something like JSTOR or Science Direct, you can click a link in the toolbar and it will automatically add it to the reference manager. Easy to use, produces a variety of bibliographies. Stored/backed-up on a cloud.

There are some known issues.

I think I will give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment