Monday, June 30, 2014

QuickTime and a decompressor are needed to see this picture....

My professors have not appreciated opening up my most recent word doc draft of a manuscript and where the figure should go, getting this:
I have attempted to circumnavigate this problem by also providing them with a .pdf version of my drafts (which you can add notes to), but my profs have pointed me to better solution available at Aric's Tech Blog.

The problem is caused by creating a document in Mac Microsoft Word 2008 and opening in anything else.

The most easy fix is to insert the figure using the "Insert" menu.  That is, "Insert/Picture/From File...". Instead of just copying and pasting the figure.

Good news for those who wish to irritate their professors less.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff that you have shared here. We will have more informative and helping news from you.PhD Thesis writing services
    Contact Us
    India : +91 8754446690
    UK : +44-1143520021
    Email: info@phdassistance.com
    Visit : http://bit.ly/2ISxQla

    ReplyDelete